An EBT refers to treatment that is backed by evidence. It is considered a ‘best practice’ approach because of the extensive academic research that has been completed which yield successful results.
Would you ever trust a medical doctor who prescribed you medicine that was not proven to work? No! Most individuals would quickly lose trust with their medical doctor.
Unfortunately, just like medicine, there are treatment programs that are not supported. Despite this information, some clinicians continue to use outdated and unproven therapies.
This is why we are passionate about using the best EBT to treat our clients. We are trained in a number of these treatments and have used them to assist clients in obtaining their goals in as little as 2 sessions and on average 12 sessions. However, the number of sessions can vary depending on the clients needs.
Types of Psychotherapies Practiced
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Chronic Pain
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Smoking Cessation
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Narrative Exposure Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing